Designing with the Bale in mind. Tuesday 9 October 2018 – £45.00
An essential preparation course for strawbale design whether you’re a self builder or an architect/designer. On this course you will:
- Understand why it’s important to begin with the bale not the design
- Learn how to identify good bales for building, where to find them and how to work with them.
- Learn how to draw up bale plans and designs.
- Learn the effect of customising and dressing bales
- Understand the implications of post location for framework buildings
- Hear about the fascinating development of strawbale building.
All courses begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please bring your own lunch. Tea & coffee provided. A pen and notebook will be useful.
The Venue Address is Todmorden Community College, Burnley Road Todmorden OL14 7BX
To book your place, please email email@example.com or pay direct, using PayPal:
Feedback from people who attended a recent ‘First Straw’ Course
‘Thanks for an amazing workshop – truly inspirational. I can’t wait to build something!’
‘Thank you so much for the First Straw. I found the course totally inspiring and really accessible (clear and to the point).’ (Marie)
‘I thought the course was totally incredible. I have done a few workshops in my time but this was one of the best and FULL of fantastic information and passion. It is clear that Barbara is an expert in the field. I would love to work with her one day in the future.’ (Sophie)
‘The course was great – covering a lot of ground, flexible too, and inspirational!’ (Richard)