Glasgow School of Art: Saturday 2 March
We are delighted to provide this course in partnership with the Mackintosh Environmental Architecture Research Unit of Glasgow School of Art.
The essential preparation for strawbale design whether you’re a self-builder, an architect, a designer or someone interested in natural building. This popular workshop has been extended for 2019 and will save you precious time & money when designing your strawbale building.
On this course you will:
- Be introduced to a brief history of Straw Bale Building
- Understand how to identify good building bales
- Learn how to design with the bale in mind
- Hear about strawbale panels for prefabricated and modular buildings
- Learn how to customise and ‘dress’ bales on site
- Understand where to locate posts for framework buildings
QUESTION TIME: Once booked on the course, you can send your questions to Barbara Jones and she will answer them during the workshop. “If you want to build a straw house in the UK, go to Barbara Jones.” (Touker Suleyman from BBC Dragons’ Den)
All courses begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please bring your own lunch or use the pub facilities below the conference room. Tea & coffee provided. A pen and notebook will be useful.
The venue is Glasgow School of Art, Reid Building, 164 Renfrew Street, GLASGOW, G3 6RF.
Cost: £75.00 (Early Bird offer of £100 for two people, if you book 3 weeks before the course date).
To book your place, please email email@example.com or pay direct, using PayPal: