Glasgow School of Art: Saturday 7 March 2020
We are delighted to provide this course in partnership with the Mackintosh Environmental Architecture Research Unit of Glasgow School of Art.
The essential preparation for strawbale design whether you’re a self-builder, an architect, a designer or someone interested in natural building. This popular workshop will save you precious time & money when designing your strawbale building.
- Be introduced to a brief history of Straw Bale Building
- Understand how to identify good building bales
- Learn how to design with the bale in mind
- Hear about strawbale panels for prefabricated and modular buildings
- Learn how to customise and ‘dress’ bales on site
- Understand where to locate posts for framework buildings
This course will be taught by Barbara Jones. “If you want to build a straw house in the UK, go to Barbara Jones.” (Touker Suleyman from BBC Dragons’ Den)
All courses begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please bring your own lunch or use the pub facilities below the conference room. Tea & coffee provided. A pen and notebook will be useful.
The venue is The Reid Building, 164 Renfrew Street, Glasgow, G3 6RQ.
Cost: £75.00 (Early Bird offer of £100 for two people, if you book 3 weeks before the course date).
To book your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or pay direct, using PayPal: