A 5-day clay plastering course in East London. This course will be to plaster the straw bale walls of a large artist’s studio. The studio is part of Studio 3 Arts’ new multipurpose performance and community space. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a creative community project.
The course will cover practical aspects of plastering with clay, including:
- Making and applying key coat
- Making and applying body coat
- How to achieve a flat surface, curves and much more!
Rae Parkinson will be your trainer. Rae has many years experience as a natural builder and clay plasterer and has been trained by Barbara Jones. Rae will ensure course participants have a wonderful learning experience.
Course dates: 4th – 8th October 2021
Location: Barking, London
Cost: £325 for 5-day course. Refreshments included.
Times: We will work from 8:45 – 17:00 each day.
Food: Refreshments are included in the price but please bring your own lunch.
Accommodation: You will need to find your own accommodation.
To Book: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm a place and send your payment as soon as possible as our courses fill up quickly and we operate on a first come first served basis. We will then send you further details.
Payment should be made by BACs as detailed here:
Nat West Bank
Sort Code: 60-09-27
Account Number: 79606113
Please use reference Studio 3 Clay
Or can be made by PayPal here:
Or can be made by cheque made payable to School of Natural Building and sent to:
Hollinroyd Farm, Todmorden, OL14 8RJ
The Bigger Picture!
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU (if you have them, we can provide them if not)
- ESSENTIAL Steel toe-cap boots;
- Overalls and/or long sleeved top and long trousers that you don’t mind getting mucky
- Waterproof coat and trousers that you don’t mind getting mucky
- Knee pads or trousers with integral knee pads
- A couple of pairs of heavy duty marigold gloves.
- A pair of wrap round safety glasses
- Paper and pencil
- Water bottle