Design & Details: Lincolnshire
24 February 2018 – £45.00
All you ever wanted to ask about strawbale building.
This 1 day course will cover all the bits you haven’t understood to date or didn’t even know about!
- Foundations – car tyre, insulating, or self draining?
- Plinth walls and foundations – what’s the difference?
- Windows & doors – airtightness, settlement
- Weather protection – using hessian to smooth the way and the importance of drip edges
- How do I attach wall cupboards and sockets to straw walls?
- Compression and how it works
- How do I build the roof first on my loadbearing building?
These and many other associated questions will be answered and discussed during the course. A notepad and pen will be useful. The course will begin at 10am and end at 4pm. Tea and coffee provided, please bring your own lunch.
The venue is at the University of Lincoln.
Join us while we navigate our way through to informed straw bale building. Once you’re booked on the course you can send us your questions so we can try and include them in the day.
Email Clair at email@example.com to book your place or pay direct using PayPal: