Design & Details
All you ever wanted to ask about strawbale building. £45.00
“An awesome and inspiring workshop and I’ll definitely be booking on the next course” Pip
These 1 day courses will cover all the bits you haven’t understood to date or didn’t even know about!
- Foundations – car tyre, insulating, or self draining?
- Plinth walls and foundations – what’s the difference?
- Windows & doors – airtightness, settlement
- Weather protection – using hessian to smooth the way and the importance of drip edges
- How do I attach wall cupboards and sockets to straw walls?
- Compression and how it works
- How do I build the roof first on my loadbearing building?
These and many other associated questions will be answered and discussed during the course. A notepad and pen will be useful.
Our new programme of courses will begin in the Autumn.
Join us while we navigate our way through to informed straw bale building. Once you’re booked on the course you can send us your questions so we can try and include them in the day.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.