The First Straw
Designing with the Bale in mind. £45.00
An essential preparation course for strawbale design whether you’re a self builder or an architect/designer. On this course you will:
- Understand why it’s important to begin with the bale not the design
- Learn how to identify good bales for building, where to find them and how to work with them.
- Learn how to draw up bale plans and designs.
- Learn the effect of customising and dressing bales
- Understand the implications of post location for framework buildings
- Hear about the fascinating development of strawbale building.
There are no courses planned for the immediate future. Please watch this space where we’ll advertise new courses.
All courses begin at 10 am and end at 4 pm. Please bring your own lunch. Tea & coffee provided. A pen and notebook will be useful.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
‘Thanks for an amazing workshop – truly inspirational. I can’t wait to build something!’
‘Thank you so much for the First Straw. I found the course totally inspiring and really accessible (clear and to the point).’ (Marie)
‘I thought the course was totally incredible. I have done a few workshops in my time but this was one of the best and FULL of fantastic information and passion. It is clear that Barbara is an expert in the field. I would love to work with her one day in the future.’ (Sophie)
‘The course was great – covering a lot of ground, flexible too, and inspirational!’ (Richard)